Monday, March 12, 2012

Burning Question

Over on Danielle LaPorte's fantastic blog she asks a burning question of her followers. Her site is filled with inspiration and power and business mojo!  I got mad web love for Lady D! Today's burning question is WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STOP DOING?

Oh, Danielle, I really wish you'd stop reading my journal...

I would like to stop beating myself up about the past. I have made so many mistakes, missed so many opportunities, and allowed so many people who don't matter one damn to turn the powerful woman in me into a crying little ball of afro-puffed snot.

I wish I could go back and tell that little girl, "You are gonna be fine." I wish I could tell 30- year-old me to,
 " GO for friggin broke...and NEVER LOOK BACK!"  I wish I could tell my forty-year-old self that in three years my Mama, my rock, would be gone, and I should spend as much time getting up in her business and hugging her as possible, instead of fretting about something insignificant!

I would like to stop beating myself up about the past. It is dusty old box and it's too heavy to carry into my future. I need to unload it.  Yeah, I effed up royally, but God's grace is here for me right now.

The NOW is pretty darn cool!  I have three amazing kids! A husband who loves me. I am finally within reach of  my dreams! After taking the zig-zag path to following my call, I'm using my speaking superpowers to put a nail in the coffin of financial and emotional poverty that's robbed me of living a Big Ass Life! Did I mention I am using my experiences in poverty to speak at two Food Bank conferences in April!?!? Every experience is an opportunity!

Starting today, I am putting the nail  in the coffin of my past. It's done. I'm so over it, and I am so ready to be who God has called me to be. I am imperfect. I am a work in progress. I am...here.now. I AIN'T LOOKIN BACK!

So today, ask yourself WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STOP DOING
Elevate a prayer... and let it GO! If it requires physical work, know that half the heavy lifting is done in the mind...

Amen


Thanks, Danielle your words are always on point, girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment